PETER J.C. CRUZ
Peter J.C. Cruz is the Chief of Protocol, 15th Wing, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, Hawaii. The
Wing provides the Commander, U.S. Pacific Command and the Commander, Pacific Air Forces
trained and equipped strategic airlift resources for contingency operations, tactical air supremacy
assets with all-weather strike capability, and in-flight aerial refueling for United States and allied
military aircraft. The wing operates the C-17A, C-37A, C-40B, and F-22A, while also providing
command functions to operate the airfield at Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam. The wing, in
partnership with the Hawaii Air National Guard, employs Total Force combat and peacetime support
to operations across Hawaii and throughout the Pacific Theater.
As the Chief of Protocol, he serves as principle point of contact for matters pertaining to full-
spectrum protocol planning and official courtesies extended in hosting international and Department
of Defense distinguished visitors to the Wing and PACAF. He provides daily operational guidance,
policies and counsel to the wing commander, vice commander, wing and tenant unit leadership
concerning proper protocol requirements for visiting dignitaries, military ceremonies, official
meetings, briefings, and conferences. Mr. Cruz is a retired United States Air Force veteran and
entered federal civil service in February 2006.
1988 Airman Leadership School, Offutt AFB, Nebraska – Distinguished Graduate
1989 NCO Preparatory Course, Royal Air Force, Alconbury, England – Distinguished Graduate
1990 NCO Academy Leadership School, Lackland AFB, Texas – Distinguished Graduate
1992 Associate in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
1995 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officers Academy by correspondence for Air Force and Coast Guard
2003 Advance Culinary Course, Ft. Lee, Virginia – Distinguished Graduate
2003 Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Wayland University, Honolulu, Hawaii
2008 Certification as Corporate Etiquette and International Protocol Consultant, Protocol School of Washington
1. May 1986 – July 1986, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. July 1986 – September 1986, Student, Security Police Academy, Lackland AFB Texas.
3. September 1986 – June 1989, Strategic Air Command Elite Guard, Special Security Squadron, Offutt AFB, Nebraska.
4. June 1989 – July 1993, Supreme Allied Commander, Europe, Security Detachment & Enlisted Aide to the Chief of Staff, Supreme
Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium.
5. July 1993 – July 1999, 355th Security Forces Squadron and Twelfth Air Force and 355 th Wing Protocol Officer, Davis-Monthan AFB,
6. July 1999 – 1 Feb 2006, Enlisted Aide to the Vice Commander, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces and Superintendent of Protocol,
Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
7. February 2006 – December 2007, Deputy Chief of Protocol, Headquarters Thirteenth Air Force, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB,
8. December 2007 – Present, Chief of Protocol, Headquarters 15th Wing, Pacific Air Forces, Hickam Field, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with one silver leaf cluster and one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Award for Civilian Achievement with two oak leaf clusters